The final theme for LD48 has not yet been decided, but I thought I would take some advice from a Ludum Dare winner:
“Throw out your first idea. Unless you’re a mad genius, your first idea for the theme is going to be the same damn idea everybody else thought up. Toss it, it sucks.” – Chevy Ray
So I went through a bunch of the top themes and pooped out the first thing that came into my head. I really don’t want to see any of these obvious ideas made into games, unless you put a insanely good twist on it.
- Abandoned – Depressing game that is a metaphor for how alone we all are in the world.
- Survive – Running away from zombies.
- Curiosity – Some sort of “don’t press the button” situation.
- Afterlife – You are a ghost who lives in a house, and you have to discover how you died.
- Tunnels – Train simulator.
- Creation and Destruction – Two player Angry Birds.
- Castles – Two player Angry Birds.
- Companion – 2d platformer where you have a little floating friend who gives you your power, and shows you what to do.
- Don’t Go Outside – Because there is a flesh eating hoard of zombies.
- Secret World – Crappy platformer that has a dark and scary theme.
Feel free to comment on any other “obvious” games from any of the themes above, or from any theme I missed.